Thursday, April 27, 2006

Yucky cold

6 Wherein you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been put to grief in various trials, 7 that the proof of your faith, which is more precious than gold that perishes even though it is tested by fire, may be found to result in praise, glory, and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ
1 Peter 1:6-7

2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
James 1:2-4

This is supposed to be a no-angst blog, so I have to do a little spin doctoring. I guess we have all been growing these past few days.

The cold isn't that big of a deal. It just steals the energy that I would use to make things better around here. The kids are less frustrated about it because they get to sit in front of the TV and watch videos all day. We don't do broadcast TV, which means that we get to pick and choose what they are exposed to. Mary has been borrowing videos from the Tustin Public Library, and the kids have definitely been getting their fifty cents worth out of the tapes.

Meanwhile, I'm running out of gratuitous images to post. I have plenty of pictures around here, but my scanners don't want to work properly. The flat bed scanner is leaving streaks in the images. Cleaning the glass helped, but I think I need to remove it and give it a serious cleaning in the shower with hot water.

But I would rather use the film scanner, anyhow. I have some negatives that need to be scanned. Unfortunately, the twain driver can't find the scanner hardware. I looked in the system setup, and I can't find the SCSI drivers (even though the flat bed scanner is working). I really want to reload the drivers. I have all the drivers and operating system stuff in a nice CD carrying case, but I can't find the thing. You know... I finally got my stuff together, but I forgot where I left it.

But things have been getting done around here. I'm mostly getting inside stuff done, like cooking and stuff. There is some yummy cheesecake out in the kitchen right now.

But what I really need to do is get to bed and rest. I'll get rid of this cold a whole lot faster if I give my body the rest it needs.

So, that's my excuse for not answering any of the replies. I'll get to it soon. I'll also scan in some pictures. Meanwhile, I have three nice shots of my old cat Jennyanydots (also called snottydots because she was such a pip). She was my pet when I was going through college.





2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ray; I am enjoying reading your blog...your style of writing is so vivid that I can picture it as I read.

Wendy from Blessings

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi ray of sonshine..... well hope the bugs bug off and give you back your head and nose.
ooowwwww cute puss cat.
get well my friend, hate to here you are not well.
L.

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home