Sunday, May 14, 2006

New Toy

Happy Mothers' Day! (Did you call your mommy?)

We had a nice Mothers' Day service at church. He admonished us fathers to support our wives, of course. On Fathers' day, he'll do the same thing. At least, that's what he tells us one of the fathers at a previous church he pastored complained about.

A few days ago, I bought a cheap digital camera just so I could grab pictures for quick publication in the blog. I didn't want to be stuck having to wait for development. Unfortunately, the camera was just too lousy to use. The pictures literally looked like they were taken through the bottom of a coke bottle.

The next day, Don bought an even cheaper camera.

Today, we took them both back and used the money (plus a little more) to get a nice 4.1 megapixel camera. It isn't as nice as my 35mm SLRs, but it is pretty good. The next step is to get that Canon digital Rebel that I have been lusting after, but this one will be great for grabbing shots around the farm, and for Don and Mary to use for whatever they want without having to worry about the technical details of photography.

Once I get the real camera with zoom, full control of exposure, and all that stuff, I'll write up an illustrated set of articles on how to make the most of your camera. Meanwhile, I'll just give you the gratuitous picture of the day. It is a shot of Don with his kitten Gregory. I cropped and reduced it to make it fit and to clean up some of the blur. You can get away with a lot when you have a tiny lens, but it would still be a whole lot nicer if I could focus the thing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our digital camara is a Kodak EasySharecx7525. We love it. It is easy to use and to download pictures. We have bought 3 of them. The orginal one, one for our married daughter and one to replace the orginal one when husband dropped it.

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home